Thursday, June 10, 2010

COLD IN OXFORD

We landed at Gatwick this morning around 6:50 and went immediately through immigration where I discovered I had written "Student" instead of "Systems Programmer" for occupation. When the immigration officer asked what I was studying, I responded, "I am not a student."

"Then why did you put 'student' on your card?"

"I thought at the time that I was filling out my son's card," I answered.

"Where is your son?" He insisted. I pointed in the general direction of the crowd that had just emerged from the belly of the 767. "Nevermind, just please change the card to read your true occupation." I did.

We rented a Passat (deisel and manual transmission). It gets 900 miles per tank full of fuel. Driving around London on M25 was somewhat congested, but not as bad as I-285 in Atlanta. Got on M40 which was better driving (80), then A40 to Oxford.

We'll grab a bite and see ya around.

-David

No comments:

Post a Comment